Wigs and extensions are a popular way to switch up your hairstyle without committing to a permanent change. However, finding the right wig or extension for your hair type can be challenging, especially for beginners. In this beginner's guide, we'll go over some tips for choosing the right wig or extension for your hair type.
1. Determine Your Hair Type: Before you start shopping for wigs or extensions, it's essential to determine your hair type. Hair types are generally classified as straight, wavy, curly, or kinky. Once you know your hair type, you can look for wigs or extensions that match the texture of your natural hair.
2. Consider Your Face Shape: Your face shape can also play a role in choosing the right wig or extension. Different hairstyles and lengths can enhance or detract from your features. For example, those with a round face may want to opt for longer, layered wigs or extensions to elongate their face, while those with a square face may want to choose a style that softens their angular features.
3. Choose the Right Length: The length of your wig or extension can make a big difference in how it looks on you. If you're used to shorter hair, a long wig or extension can be overwhelming, and vice versa. Consider your lifestyle and the level of maintenance you're willing to commit to when choosing the length of your wig or extension.
4. Determine Your Budget: Wigs and extensions can range from affordable to high-end, so it's important to determine your budget before you start shopping. Keep in mind that higher quality wigs and extensions will last longer and look more natural, so it may be worth investing in a higher-end product.
5. Try Before You Buy: It's always a good idea to try on wigs or extensions before you make a purchase. This will give you an idea of how it looks and feels on you, and whether it matches your natural hair color and texture. Many wig and extension retailers offer in-person or online consultations, so take advantage of this service if you can. Also, for extensions purchase one bundle at at time.
In conclusion, choosing the right wig or extension for your hair type can seem daunting, but it doesn't have to be. By following these tips and doing your research, you can find the perfect wig or extension to suit your style and budget. Remember to take your time, try before you buy, and have fun with it!